When dinner time arrived tonight I knew I needed to come up with something, because I was NOT ordering pizza! So I got out some chicken breast and started rummaging the cabinets (you can always figure out something good for chicken). Well..I came up with a very simple solution....
1) Cut up the chicken breast (I used 2 large and one small)
2) Take some Everything Crackers from Trader Joes (we don't have a Trader Joes close by, but my hubby has one close to work and there are a few things from there that are must haves for me, this is one of them....but I am sure you can find another brand)
(crush these really well, I used my ultimate chopper)
3) Dip the chicken in a beated egg and then in the cracker crumbs, put in an oiled baking dish
While the chicken was baking I thought that I should make some type of sauce to go with this, but I didn't want anything with spices in it...because I felt the crackers would put enough spice on the chicken. SO I again started rummaging to see what I could whip up!
We love a homemade alfredo sauce and I had everything to make it, so I thought I would whip up just a thinner version of that :)
I don't have exact measurements because I just threw in what I had left of these items...so this is all a guess.
1) melt 2 tbls of butter in a saucepan
2) (normally I add garlic at this point, but again didn't think it necessary to have any added spice) add about 1 cup of heavy whipping cream, stir occasionally until lightly boiling
3) add a little pepper and about 1/2 cup of parm, cheese , stir until thickened
|this pic is before the cheese was added|
And because my hubby had to work over and didn't make it home till 7, when dinner was finished at 5 I had two hungry little boys and completely forgot to take a picture of our plated food....but this was delicious! The chicken with just a little sauce poured over it :) I served parsley potatoes and peas with it.
My youngest wanted more chicken and my oldest wanted more potatoes, with the sauce ;-) Any meal that my kids ask for 2nds is great!!
|I did snap a picture of the chicken right before I put it away ;-)|